Proficient: Java, C++
Intermediate: Android Studio
Windows 7, Windows 10, Ubuntu 10.04
Trello, Asana, Slack, WordPress, Arduino, Microsoft Office
Fluent in English, Native Mandarin and Shanghainese; Practicing Japanese.
March 2017 – Present
● Android Development Techdegree, a rigorous curriculum designed by Team Treehouse
● Curriculum: teamtreehouse.com/techdegree/android-development
● Site Profile: teamtreehouse.com/niyao
December 2017 – February 2017
● Android Studio online course, a 77 video set to teach foundations of android app development
● Course List: tinyurl.com/AndStudio
● MySQL online course, a 33 video set to teach foundations of SQL database management
● Course List: tinyurl.com/MySQLDatabasing
J & R Cleaners
Part-time Office Manager | New York, NY | January 2017 – Present
● Restructured the cash flow and optimized the revenue stream by 20% and increased profits by $400/month.
● Reduced document retrieval time by 24 hours through a re-organization of all financial and legal paperwork.
Integration Consultant | New York, NY | April 2016 – October 2016
● Established a clear understanding of Sterling B2Bi/File Gateway implementation and placed on a project with a $250k budget within three weeks.
● Built 18 Business Processes and 9 Routing Channel Templates for the live production system at Convatec.
● Assigned as the Technical Lead on a time-sensitive migration project for ADP after four months.
● Coordinated the migration of live production systems for 50 trading partners within the span of two months.
Entrepreneurial Lead and Project Manager | New York, NY | November 2015 – April 2016
● Scheduled and interviewed high level executives by using utilizing the various connections of the Product Owner.
● Ran conflict management sessions between the various student engineering disciplines to resolve impediments, review progress, and set action items.
Health and Support Technologies Corp
Co-Founder and Project Manager | Brooklyn, NY | June 2015 – December 2015
● Incorporated the company and moved it forward with a range of responsibilities such as pitching to VCs, hiring an outreach coordinator, scheduling daily tasks for three developers, and keeping detailed accounts of cash spent.
Leadership and Awards
Zahn Social Innovation Competition
Grand prize winner | January 2015 – May 2015
● Presented a 3-minute pitch that showcased my knowledge and aptitude in running a successful startup, allowing my team to take home $30,000 to continue the startup.
American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
Treasurer (2 years) | October 2013 – June 2015
B.E. Computer Engineering, City College of New York
Graduated – Jan 2016